Our terrible diets, consisting of processed food, tons of sugar, and GMO are doing our bodies no favor. We are all aware of this fact, but how much do we actually know about what’s going on in our body when we consume these types of food?
First of all, our organism’s pH levels are being destroyed. The human body is meant to be an alkaline environment. Consuming a ton of junk food, and other acidic sources, make our blood pH levels harmfully acidic. This effects our immune system, making us more prone to getting sick.
In order to prevent this from happening, one should consume more alkalinizing foods, some of which are:
- Olive oil, one of the most commonly used oils. Rich in Vitamin E and unsaturated fats it is greatly recommended for daily use.
- Melon is a delicious source of hydration and a great alkaline source as well. Great for colon cleansing, as it has a high fiber content.
- Swiss chard has great anti-bacterial properties, and it is an over-all a great nutrition source.
- Flax seeds are not only alkaline, but they also have a high Vitamin E and fiber content. They are known to reduce inflammation and menstrual troubles.
- Cucumber is a great Vitamin A and C source
- Avocado is a known super-food, great for keeping your heart healthy
- Garlic is an excellent blood pressure regulator
- Papaya has laxative uses
- Carrots are famous for being good for your eyesight
- Pineapple helps with weight loss
- Grapes improve blood pressure
- Brussels sprouts may prevent cancer
- Cauliflower is a healthy bread substitute
- Lemons are an excellent immune system booster
- Berries are high in antioxidants
- Mango is a great colon cleanser
- Spinach has a ton of vitamins
- Oranges are brimming with Vitamin C, making them great against colds
- Parsley is great for intestines
- Grapefruit is rich with vitamins A and C