Muscles in the body weaken if they aren’t used for some time.
This can be illustrated with a simple example – a fractured bone on the leg would require using a wheelchair for a certain period in order for the bone to heal. But this renders the leg muscles inactive, thus they become weaker.
The same thing happens to the eye muscles surrounding the lens.
If you are wearing glasses but don’t do regular eye exercises, your vision will gradually deteriorate. This implies that your eyes muscles need as much practice as any other muscle in the body.
These guidelines will help you learn more about how to improve your vision.
1. Close your eyes for a few minutes every 2-3 hours and avoid hard pressure on your eyes.
2. Take up eye gymnastics, which includes 16 exercises (follow the lines with your eyes; see PICTURE).
3. Get rid of your glasses.
4. Have a daily massage on the specific points: (see PICTURE)
5. Apply some light pressure on your eyeball with the tips of your index and middle finger. Press the eyeball lightly so you don’t feel any pain. Then press these points with your index finger twice.
6. Always look into distance when walking outside.
7. Consume carrot juice with a few drops of olive oil on a daily basis.
8. Use lukewarm water to wash your eyes.
9. Avoid sitting in front of your PC or lap top for at least 2 hours before bedtime.
10. Exercise the Indian technique Trataka (the practice of staring at some external object) in order to improve your vision. This fixed gazing is a method of meditation which involves concentrating on a single point such as a small object, black dot or candle flame for creating focus, strengthening the eyes and stimulating the third eye.
When you first start with this activity, you should focus on an image or some item and stare at it for some time, paying attention to each thought and feeling as it arises, so that the mind is completely absorbed with the symbol.
The practice continues until your eyes begin to water, at which point they are closed, and relaxed. The point of this exercise is to endure as much as you can before your eyes begin to water.
Source of the article: http://www.healthyfoodteam.com/
Other source included in healthy food team article: http://www.healthylifevision.com/