1. Light flow indicates you may have pituitary gland or thyroid issue
If you are taking birth control pills, then you do not need to panic if you have light flow because that is usual. But if you do not take birth control pills or any kind of non-hormonal IUD yet you still have light flow, then there is a chance you have a hormonal imbalance. Dr. Adelaide Nardone, from Brown University, says light flow may indicate to thyroid or pituitary gland related problems. There is also a some probability that you suffer from Mullerian anomaly. This is a disorder that causes a malformed hymen, which may impede with your menstrual blood flow. Oddly, light periods can sometimes also be linked to autoimmune disorders and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
2. Cervical or uterine polyps can cause sudden bleeding throughout periods
If you have sudden or unrelated bleeding to the normal cycle then you are having a breakthrough bleeding. This is a normal side-effect if you are taking birth control pills, otherwise you should consult your doctor. Breakthrough bleeding can sometimes be a sign of uterine or cervical polyps, which results due to too much estrogen in the body. However, it can also indicate fibroids or other similar infections. Such bleeding from the vagina can also indicate cancer.
3. If you suffer from severe and unbearable cramps which last for a couple of days then you must consult a doctor
If you have intense cramps during your periods, and think it is usual, consider you are making a big mistake. According to Dr. Daniela Carusi, who is director of General Gynecology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, young women often think they need to endure the intense cramps they are experiencing, but that is definitely not the case. It can be harmful if they do not talk about them.
4. If your menstrual cycle is late and there is are chances of pregnancy, you are most likely having hormonal imbalance. Consult your doctor if this is the case
If your menstrual cycle is late, and there are some chances you are pregnant, then it is great. However, if there is no possibility of you being pregnant, there are several things you should know. According to Doctor Carusi, you may not have regular ovulations or you might have PCOS, which makes knowing your fertile days more difficult for you. In case you are obese person or have very low percent of body fat, you may be dealing with a severe hormonal imbalance. If so, it is time for you to change your lifestyle. Since insulin resistance directly affects the ovaries, women who have irregular periods, and are obese, need to check if they suffer from diabetes type 2. If this is your case you need to contact your doctor immediately.
5. If your menstrual discharge has saturated red color, very similar to “cranberry juice”, it means you have a normal secretion. However, if your secretion has any other color the “cranberry juice” one than you may have estrogen imbalance.