If someone forced you to pick one oil to be the only oil you can use for the rest of your life, which one should you chose? The answer to this question is easy – Frankincense oil. This oil has been used for thousands of years; from Babylonians and Egyptians, to us, every generation finds this oil irreplaceable.
It is also known as one of the gifts that the three wise men brought as an offering for baby Jesus.
The oil is extracted from the bark of Boswellia tree. The quality of the oil is easily noticeable: clear and silvery oil is the highest quality, and brownish-yellow one is the lowest quality.
The uses of frankincense oil are too many to count, but here are some of them:
- Oral health: the oil prevents cavities, bad breath, and infections. When mixed with baking soda and coconut oil a toothpaste can be created.
- Skin care: just a few drops of oil mixed with coconut oil can make your skin appear years younger in just minutes. The same process can be used to remove moles, blemishes, and warts.
- Cuts and wounds: a couple of drops of frankincense, and lavender essential oil can help with disinfecting the wound, as well as the healing process
- Scars: remove scars with just a few drops of frankincense mixed with coconut oil. Use every day for a few months.
- Sleep: if you’re already using essential oils to help with your sleep, just add a drop of frankincense.
- Head tension and stress: rub a few drops on the back of your neck and you’ll feel better in seconds.
- Memory and hormones: hormones and memory can be improved with regular oil use
- Congestion: up to six drops of frankincense in a bowl together with hot water should be mixed. Lean over the bowl, put a towel around your head to prevent the steam from coming out, and inhale the vapors for five to ten minutes, adding hot water as needed.
- Itch: single drop of oil in the itchy are will solve the problem in no time
- Immunity: give your immune system a boost by massaging a few drops of oil into your feet, or by letting it diffuse in your bedroom or the room in which you spend most of your time.