Pay attention to these leaves since they are real treasure for your health. They are abundant in vitamins A and vitamin C, potassium, fibres and lycopene.
Read these 17 benefits guava leave give to your health:
- To decrease you coughs and cure bronchitis and coughs, just make tea out of the leaves;
- Boil 5 cups of water and put 9 guava leaves in it. Let the water boil until half of it evaporates. An excellent treatment for dengue;
- If boiled, guava leaves are great for hair loss. Cool the water and then gently massage your scalp to stop any further hair loss;
- The tea is useful for diabetics since it reduces blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin;
- The tea from guava leaves stops carbohydrates turning into sugar and because of this it makes you led hungry. By this, you can reduce your weight;
- The tea from guava leaves decrease bad LDL cholesterol without affecting good HDL cholesterol levels;
- The tea from guava leaves is also great for troubled stomach and provides a great help in cases of food poisoning;
- Crush guava leaves and apply them onto itching areas caused by allergies;
- Do the same for insect bites;
- The tea is also effective in cases of diarrhea and dysentry – it provides strong antimicrobial properties;
- The leaves of guava being rich in vitamin C help you heal the spots on your face, such as acne and pimples;
- Drinking the tea is advised for men who have fertility problems;
- It is also a good cure for treating enlarged prostate and cancer;
- Stir a few leaves in water to prevent premature skin aging. Apply the water on your face;
- To avoid infections, simply apply crushed guava leaves on minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion. The tea is also beneficial for external ear infections. Apply it cold on the affected areas;
- For the boring and scary toothaches, just chew the leaves. Also, chewing the leaves helps you with inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity;
- Stir a few guava leaves in water. Use the water the remove the blackheads naturally. An excellent substitute for face scrubbing.
Guava leaves are really beneficial, as you have read. Plus, you can always plant a guava tree in your backyard and the leaves will be on your reach. Amazing, isn’t it?