When it time to finally go to bed after a long day make sure to drink this beverage before falling asleep. Read more to find out the benefits this drink can give you.
“Golden Milk is delicious and has many health benefits to you overall health especially when drinking it right before you go to sleep. The important ingredient in this beverage is turmeric. If you don’t have a clue what turmeric is it’s an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and also can prevent cancer? Turmeric has curcumin, polyphenol as the main active ingredient. When this is combined with black pepper it increases the benefits.
Extra health benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory activity, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
- Strengthens the immune system
- Anti – cancerous
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- stimulates digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- Regulates metabolism
- Controls weight
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Memory and brain
- Different conditions of the skin
- Neurological disorders
- Lowers triglycerides
- ¼ cup of curcumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup filtered water
Combined all ingredients in a small pot and stir continuously. Heat at medium and stir until the ingredients become a paste. It shouldn’t take long to get it to this point, so make sure not to leave the stove. Allow it to reach room temperature and pour it in a jar. Keep it in the refrigerator.
Step 2 – Golden milk
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (hemp or coconut milk are also a good option, and Ayurveda recommends cow’s milk, but just in case you have organic milk from a cow that hasn’t been treated inhumanely)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon or more of the turmeric paste
Combine all ingredients, except the honey, in a cooking pot. Turn the heat to medium. Stir the whole time and don’t allow it to boil. Add some honey for taste.