How to cure Asthma? Follow these 17 Home Remedies
The chronic inflammatory disease more commonly known as asthma affects the air passages that carry air from the nasal area and mouth to lungs and the other way around. One who suffers from asthma has problems with breathing. Hence, they feel choked and congested. Asthma can be found in everyone – be that a 3-year-old child or a 60-year old man. When having asthma, airways are swollen since their muscles get tightened – this causes lungs to receive less air. this disease does not have a cure that will stop it once and for all, but symptoms can be decreased with different treatments and measures, but it can come back at any time.
Known causes for asthma:
- Lung infection during childhood
- Too much exercise
- Cigarettes (tobacco)
- Stress (any kind of)
- Tension and depression
- Early deliverance (premature birth)
- Consuming fish, eggs, soy, peanuts
- Tiredness during physical activities
- Blocked chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- A whistle-like sound while breathing
- Frequent colds
Home-prepared remedies for asthma
- Ginger – has a lot of benefits on your heath and body and it is effective against asthmatic treatments. Prepare juice out of ginger, pomegranate and honey. Take it 2-3 times a day for good results.
- Clove- Boil 5-6 cloves in half a glass of water and add a spoon of honey. Take it at least two times a day for results.
- Figs- take dried figs and soak them in water. Leave them like that for a night. The prepared figs should be eaten the next day on an empty stomach. You can also drink the fig water.
- Mustard oil- mix it with camphor. Put the prepared oil and massage your chests. You can also warm the oil before you put it on your body.
- Black tea/coffee- another excellent cure for asthma. It unblocks your air passage so air can easily enter and exit. If People who do not drink can coffee can switch to black tea. Drink three cups, either coffee or tea, a day for results.
- Herbal tea- consume it with a bit of lime juice and ginger. Consume it every day.
- Fish – sardines, salmon or tuba can be effective in treating asthma. By eating fish, your lungs will be stronger. If you do not eat fish, try and consume their oil.
- Eucalyptus oil – an excellent remedy to hold back your asthma. Just a few drops in water will open your nasal passages and thus you will breathe easily.
- Gooseberries – crush a few of them and add pour some honey. Eat the sweet mixture every day for results.
- Honey- consume a teaspoon of honey mixed in hot water 2-3 times a day or you inhale the aroma of honey. You can also add a pinch od cinnamon in it. The best time to consume it is before sleeping.
- Onions- Onions have anti-inflammatory properties and clean your breathing passages. Consume more onions if you have asthma – be that in a salad or cooked with vegetables or other foods.
- Soup- Extract the juice out of a radish and then mix it with some honey and lemon juice. It will clean your respiratory system.
- Fruits- papaya, blueberries, strawberries, lemons and oranges are beneficial to people who have asthma. Lemons, especially, are rich in vitamin C. Eat lemons at least once a day with a bit of sugar.
- Bitter gourd- take out the juice of bitter gourd and add basil and honey to it and mix them. This mixture is especially good for asthma attacks.
- Fennel seeds- eat them every day to get rid of asthmatic attacks.
- Parsley leaf- this leaf is good for the cough when prepared as tea. It soothes the throat.
- Warm milk- to a glass of warm milk add equal quantity of olive oil and honey. Drink it with with a few garlic cloves, before having breakfast. This home remedy provides natural asthma relief.
Homeopathic remedies for asthma attack
- Arsenicum album- tired people needs this medication if having difficulties in breathing, especially while lying down.
- Ipecacuanha- if coughing leads to vomiting, try this homeopathic medication. Accumulation of mucus in the air passages and difficulty in coughing out are some of the symptoms.
- Natrum sulphuricum- if you feel weak and hold your chest while coughing try this, especially if you have difficulties getting up from the bed.
- Chamomilla- if you are overexcited or very angry and these two things lead to experiencing dry cough with irritation, try this medication.
- Carbo vegetabilis- if you feel extremely weak or you think you might faint, try this medication. Burping, indigestion and frequent gasses are symptoms when might consider to use this.
Other useful homeopathic medications include nux vomica, pulsatilla, and spogia tosta.
- Try and breathe deep;
- Do not delay your medications;
- Use inhaler for sudden congestions;
- Do an allergy test every six months;
- Regularly be immunized for pneumonia and influenza;
- Check that you have not got allergic to anything;
- Do not smoke
- Do not eat too much fried foods – they can block the airways;
- Do not drink too much of cold drinks – especially during the winter;
- Keep away from wood-burning fireplaces.